Ever have those moments when a MEMORY is so vivid, you're reliving it? It's a wonderful experience when it's a beautiful reminder... not so much when it's not. ;)
Lately I've been experiencing the beautiful.
- swinging through the poles of my grandmother's clotheslines barefoot in the summer's green grass, smelling the freshly clean sheets on the line
- standing in a mountain stream in Colorado feeling the water rush past
- the first time I held the clutch and brake correctly releasing it on a hill without my car rolling backward (thanks Uncle Denny)
- walking across campus freshman year on my way to class, smelling the Fall air, feeling amazing because I was exactly where I was supposed to be
- enjoying chateaubriand at the Signature Room at the 95th for the best first date ever
- jumping off a short cliff at the lake in WV, flying through the air before hitting the water (thanks Uncle Bobby for taking the fab 5 out on your boat)
- walking the streets of Venice marveling at the sights, sounds, and pure joy of being there
It's a Wonderful Life! Truly...
I'm having a wonderful life. Incredibly blessed. That said, the older I get, the more I realize how fun life is IN THE MOMENT and how valuable HOME is. Home may be where you grew up, may be a person, may be where you are now. Home should be where you feel most like your true self and where you're the happiest. Home matters.
Take a moment today to savor your home... make a memory. And if you're not home, make a plan to go home. I am.
THINK. WRITE. BELIEVE. ACT.